Aluminum single hung non-tilting spiral balance tube

A home owner from Austin, TX says:
Can you tell me how to remove the spiral balances in this window? It is easy to see how to detach the top of the spiral balance. (see picture of top spiral balance connection) But there are no "screwed on" brackets at the bottom of the window which hold the bottom of the spiral balance. (see picture of the bottom of the window, with the weather stripping moved aside)
many thanks in advance for your help with this. I would also like to know that tools and parts to buy. The tube is 3/8" though length and color are unknown until I get the spiral balance removed.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sure! Looks like you have a builder's grade window, which unfortunately means the sash won't be removable. However, we do have a possible solution.

With someone helping you, you will need to drop the new balance in from the top of the sash, screw it in at the top, then let the spiral drop down. You will then raise the sash and, while someone holds the sash in the open position, spin the spiral up to the bottom of the sash. Finally, with our 75-004 tool, give the balance about three turns to charge it and lock it to the end into the sash clip.

As for the balance hardware itself, it would depend on a few details. What is the diameter of the outer tube? If it's 3/8", consider our Series 400 spiral balance. As for the clip, see our 17-010. It's hard to make it out in your second picture, but I'd wager this is a match. Let me know what you think!
A quick learner from dallas says:
regarding the above pics, do you unhook the spring FIRST from the bottom of window before undoing bolt at top of window? I have same windows and undid top bolt first and the metal bracket piece went flying across the room because of all the tension so thinking I must have done things in wrong order.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

We actually have a guide covering this process. Take a look at our non-tilt balance guide here and let us know if you have any other follow-up questions. 

A quick learner from dallas says:
I understand how to install new ones . I'm asking about the removal of the original ones.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

You would reverse the installation process by removing the spiral from the mounting bracket using our 75-005 or a pair of needle-nose pliers and slowly raising it to the base of the tube since it will still have some tension. Then unscrew the top of the tube from the jamb and pull the balance out of the top of the window, which will most likely be snug. These windows weren't made to have the balances replaced, so it sometimes requires some elbow grease to remove them.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.