American Craftsman Window - Parts

A home owner from Houston Texas says:
Hello. I would like to know if you can identify Window Locks and Window Pivot for my American Craftsman windows. I purchased my windows from home Depot 20 years ago and these components have become brittle and crack. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Lock.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Pivot.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. The tilt latches might be either our 26-393 or 26-393B, but you'll need to remove them from the window and compare to our potential replacements to confirm which you might need. The pivot shoe could be our 15-046, but once again, you'll need to remove it and compare the width and thickness to see. See the videos below for assistance with removing and replacing tilt latches and pivot shoes. Let me know if you have further questions. 

A handy person from MN says:

I have a double-hung American Craftsman window I purchased at home Depot about 10 years ago. One of the glass (lower one) of the window is broken;. I need to know if I can get the lower window panel to replace the broken one and where I can obtain it?

I've attached a photo of the window and the measurements.

Thank you,

Christopher 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230116_173845.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230116_173912.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we do not sell replacement sashes or glass panes. My recommendation is to contact a local glass shop so that they can assist you in replacing the pane.

A contractor from Sebastian Florida says:
I need 2-6' and 5-5' white mullion covers for my American Craftsman casement and fixed windows that I used the 1" wide structural mulls to assemble. Do you have these? Oh, and about 100 vinyl hole plugs?
Profile picture of Tom

We unfortunately do not sell mullion covers. As for hole plugs, our selection is very limited. See our 67-019 and 33-250 for the two options we have. 

I am sorry that we can't offer anything better.

A handy person from Louisville, Kentucky says:
My tilt window latch doesn't exactly match either of the tilt latches. I looked at the pictures and could not see much if any difference between the 26393 and the 26393B. My latch is the snap in kind, not the slide in kind. I purchased the windows in 2009.
Profile picture of Tom

If your latch is different than the two options mentioned, then you might have something else. I'd be happy to look into it, but I'll need photos of the part in question to aid in our search. Please let me know if that would be possible.

A handy person from Hyannis, Ma. 02601 says:
I have an American Craftsman double hung with broken shoe. Can you tell me what shoes I need from the following # 19569882.2.2?
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid that I cannot. That number isn't referenced in any of my records. We may still be able to help, but I'll need a clear and unobstructed photo of the shoe in question. I'll also need you to write out its dimensions; specifically its width and thickness. Please let me know if that would be possible.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.