American Craftsmen window parts

A landlord from Rochester NY says:
How can I know which springs to order for my window? It is a vinyl replacement 24 x 46 in size. Both coil springs are broken.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1653.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1654.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1657.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Identifying coil springs can be tricky, since so many of them look almost identical. The best way to do it is to identify the pivot shoe first. That acts as a sort of "key" and allows you to pick out everything else you need.

For example, your pivot shoe is almost definitely a match for our 15-087. If you look at our photos and dimensions, I'm sure you'll agree. Knowing that, we can also see that the 15-087 pivot shoe was designed to work with the Series 180 coil spring.

That's pretty much all there is to it. Let me know what you think!

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If your sash is 9.5 pounds, one 5 pound spring on each side will be sufficient. I don't think a half pound difference will be the end of the world.

As for the mounting  brackets and screws, you could probably reuse what you have now. In my experience, these don't break as often as the springs or shoes themselves. If you do need new ones, see our 16-024 bracket and 33-072 screw.

A landlord from Rochester NY says:
So, my window sash weighs 9.5 lbs , do I buy two 5 lb springs? I will be replacing both springs and pivot shoes. How many screw and mounting brackets should I need?
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.