Andersen Amerock Lever Window Operator

A handy person from New York says:
Hello,

Have Andersen awning windows throughout the house with the Amerock/Lever Roto-Lock design hardware and Flexivent windows...from 1968-1972. They are currently the swing/pivot style handles, not rotating crank. Seems a lot of pressure must be put on the handles, unit and gears to swing the arms resulting in the gears busted inside since they swing freely now with no window movement. I'm very interested in your 39-389 operators and am curious if this will work as a replacement to update my current older style.

I attached a stock photo of the style of hardware.
thanks!
Adam
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. We have received your image. Looking it over, my first thought is our 39-389. However, we have had some customers report that the window would not close completely when using it as a replacement for yours. It seemed that the arm was too long and would hit the end of the track bar, keeping the window from closing all the way.

It could still work, though you would have to set the operator back away from the sash. It could be that the back set is different. Even then, there's no way to be sure. You could also consider our 39-390 short arm operator or possibly even the 39-206 operator. You will also need to order the 39-286 handles separately.
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.