Anderson Window Cranks

A home owner from Corinth, NY says:

Your company just did a wonderful job for me replacing some old Truth window cranks. I now have many other window cranks that I need to replace and they say "Bayport Minnesota" on them, which appears to be the home of Anderson Windows.

Would you possibly have replacement parts for Anderson Window cranks or should I go directly to them? I can't see any identification markings on the cranks themselves.

When you respond to my email, I will send you some photographs of the windows and cranks. These particular window cranks could be as old as 1958, which is when this camp was built.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I'm afraid I'm not familiar with any operator with that marking. It does appear to be commonly associated with the Andersen brand, but at this stage it could be anything.

if at all possible, please make sure to upload your photos directly to this page. I won't be able to see them if you respond to the automatic notification email. If you have trouble uploading them to this page, then please send them to help@swisco.com. The customer service reps who monitor that account will make sure that I see them.

A home owner from Corinth, NY says:
Here are a couple photos. Please advise if your company can assist.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8CADDC7E-A081-4DE4-A7ED-8E47D1A6B305.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C3C68421-CF76-4DB4-94E7-B96644DC08C6.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! You weren't kidding, this is one old part. Believe it or not, though, I have run into this before. 

There is no easy fix for this. Our go-to so far has been our 39-365, which is a Truth brand operator, but it's going to take a pretty extensive rework of the sill and sill trim to get this to fit properly. The design of the base is just too different. See the image below to get an idea of what I mean.

39-366extra
Even then, it's not a guarantee. You can never tell what you're going to run into with these old windows and there is always an exception to every rule. The 39-365 has been successful for me but that doesn't mean it will be for you, as well, even after all the work you'd have to put into it.
As for other parts you will need, you'll have to replace the track on the sash, as well. There are two varieties you can pick from, depending on how the new arm ends up aligning with the sash: either the 39-504, which screws into the underside of the sash, or the 39-520, which installs on the face of the sash. You'll also want a new 39-144L handle, of course.
While there is no guarantee, I do think these parts are going to be your best bet. Look these over and see if you think this is a project you want to tackle. I think the biggest hurdle ahead of you right now is altering the sill trim to accept the new style and finding the best position to mount the operator on the sill itself. That's going to take some creative wood trimming and trial and error for positioning.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.