Anderson double arm window crank

A home owner from Danville IL says:
I am looking for a double armed window system the plate Is 41/2 by 21/4 arms are 17in
I have several windows that seem to be stripped inside the plate. Can you help me with what to order ? Thank-you,Dana Thomas
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe the operator you show in your photo is from the late 1950's. Due to its age, I don't think it's available any longer. That said, we still may be able to help. I would suggest using one of the current style operators like our 39-389, along with the 39-286 handle. You may be able to adapt this to work in your window, though I'm not sure as to the extent of the adaptation you would require.
A quick learner from Danville il says:
Yes, the house was built in 1959. I think I will order 39-389. Do you think the handle I have for my old unit will fit this also?
Your old handle may not work, no. I would recommend the 39-286 handle.
Ok, I ordered & will give feedback when it arrives
Thank you! Please let me know how it works out.
I've received the window hardware and the mounting rod (part that goes ont the actual window is about 4in too long. The slider/rod s 35in now. I do have another window that is larger that it might fit.
Should I order the 10in arm kit ? Can you send me instructions on mounting the brackets that hold the rod ? Thx v
Take note that the 39-390 short kit sash rod is 31". Make sure you have the width for that. It should work if you have the room. It basically works on the same principle as your original. When installing the sash rod and clips, you want to keep the rod in the same horizontal position as the original rod. Mount the rod clips at the end location for the rod, then secure the clips to the sash with screws; the rod snaps into those clips. It might be helpful to attach the clips at the end of the rod first and hold it up to the window, that way you can get the correct position for the mounting screws.
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.