Anderson double hung series 8500 window

A handy person from Parsippany, NJ says:
Both sides of the lower window single coil springs broke. The brake shoe is 2 1/4" long X 1 1/4" wide. The connection of the single coil is a single screw attachment into the track above the lower window when the window is in the down position. I can cut one side of the track rail to get the brake shoe out and install a new one......Do you have this shoe/coil assembly? If so , what is the price for 2 of these assemblies?.......At the time I installed all 12 windows in the house , these 8500 series were Anderson's top of their line. Now , they don't even carry them anymore and their 400 series is their best.
A handy person from Parsippany, NJ says:
I looked over your web site a little more and it looks like what I need is your S161-10 brake shoe/spring assembly. The actual window is an Anderson 36" wide 40" tall double hung. So I'm thinking maybe the lower tilt in window may weigh about 12-15 lbs.??
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but, unfortunately, we have no way of determining the balance that you need without seeing the original assembly fully removed from the window. 

If there are no stamps on your original coils or housing that indicate the coil tension, you will also need to confirm the exact weight of the window sash to determine the strength options needed to support the window. We'll relate a few videos on this page to help you through the replacement process. Thank you! 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.