Anderson window operator parts

A quick learner from Wichita Ks says:
Need to know if you have these in left and right hand. Thanks Gary
User submitted photo of their Anderson C-9400-1 crank operator.
The stamp on the operator is C-9400-1
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

I believe the replacement you need is our 39-264, which is not an exact replacement. Your original operator has been discontinued and the 39-264 is the suggested replacement.

See these this similar discussions regarding this topic... The 39-264 is not handed, you can use it as a right or left handed operator. Note, that the 39-264 does not come with a cover or a handle. You can either try to reuse your old cover and handle or purchase new ones. See 39-152 for the cover and 39-286 for the handle. Note: I am not sure if your older style cover would work on this new style operator. Your older crank handle should work fine (as long as it is in working condition still).
A quick learner from WICHITA KS says:
Hello,
You are correct, Andersen discontinued the 1361399 casement operators. Andersen suggest using 39-264, Andersen Split-Arm Casement Operator for Andersen Perma-Shield Enhanced casement windows 1995 through 1998.

Can i use this instead? Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I just learned a lot about this really confusing Andersen operator situation.

If your Andersen Perma-Shield Enhanced casement window was manufactured between 1995 to 1998 you will need to replace your operator with the 39-264 with an adapter plate. The adapter plate is not available yet. The plate should be available for purchase in the next week or two. Note: the adapter plate is available, see part 39-362

If your window was made after 1998 you will not need the adapter plate.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
The adapter plate is now available, please see SWISCO product code 39-362, Andersen Casement Window Operator Adapter Plate.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.