Arcadia slider door parts

A professional from USA says:
I have a customer that has a arcadia patio lock that is all there but know longer works can we get them parts see photos.
Arcadia door parts
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you're referring to the internal mortise lock. I'm afraid your specific type is no longer made. I believe your next best solution would be to install a surface mounted handle set like our 82-003.
A professional from CA says:
If the plastic pivot where the lever goes broke, there's no fix and no replacement unless you go back in time.
A professional from CA says:
Sometimes small town hardware shops are like a trip into the past.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
That, they are!
A quick learner from Chapel Hill, NC says:
Hi, I have the same issue with my Arcadia doors. You recommend the 82-003 handle set. Will that work with the current latch target (in, the pointy thing on the jamb side). Or does that need to be replaced also, and if so, can you recommend the specific part? Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The part you're referring to is the keeper. Or at least, they are normally; truth be told, I don't know what the exact style is called on your door. It looks like it's just a screw sticking out of the frame.

All's well, though, because the 82-005 comes with its own keeper that is specifically designed to work with it. The only catch is that you will need to find a way to retrofit it on your door, which could be easy or difficult depending on the frame. In my experience, the older a door is the more creative I have to get with finding out the best way to mount the keeper. 

To assist in this, it comes with a bracket that allows it to mount at a 90 degree angle, if necessary. Just don't expect it to be immediately obvious where the keeper needs to install. The trick is to hold the handle up to a closed door about where it would install and note where the hook latch comes to rest. You would then install the hardware appropriately.

A quick learner from Chapel Hill, NC says:
Hi Tom,

Thank you for the quick reply and the explanation of a "keeper". A question I now have is mounting the keeper on my door. I have attached some pics of the door. I watched the video on your site but its not clear how to mount the new keeper as there is no "side" area where I can mount the keeper. I added some pics so you can see the door. Greatly appreciate any thought you make have.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 17077701426618256988822764428753.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240212_152556.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looking at your first photo, I see a pretty significant portion of the door frame that would give you enough room to install a keeper. It's right where the handle butts up while the door is closed. Is there any reason why you can't use that area? 

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.