Atrium Window Balance

A home owner from Gilbert, AZ says:
Can you please tell me what balance in need based on the pictures? The metal is 1/2" wide and 28" long from metal end to end. Is this the S395 option 2740? I can't find any stamped number on the metal channel anywhere.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200412_161745-COLLAGE.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200414_112531.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200414_112518.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200414_112518.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I agree that the Series 395 looks good in terms of your combination of nylon fittings; it comes with a 19-005 top and 15-001 bottom, so as long as those match up then this is the correct Series.

I'm confused when you say that you have no stamp, though. I see a stamp in your first photo, which is a collage. Is that not your balance? If not, then you'll need to weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the chart on the S395-28 store page to confirm the best option. That chart tells you exactly how much weight each option supports.

A home owner from Gilbert, AZ says:
Tom,
Thank you for your quick response. I too was confused as the Atruim website referred to an actual stamped in the metal size. Is the
27-4 marked on there your S395 option 2740 replacement balance? If so, I will order it right away. Just don't want to order the wrong one.

Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 27-4 matches our 2740 stamp option, yes. Just keep in mind the stamp is not a product code; it only indicates the calibration of the spring. The only way to identify the Series is to go by the design and size of the top and bottom nylon fittings. As long as yours match our 19-005 top and 15-001 bottom, then the Series 395 is the best choice.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.