Attaching 15-040 to S 500 balance

A quick learner from Forth Worth, Texas. says:
Part # 15-040 is not fitting into part # S500-16. Is there an error or do we need a new part? We have called and the gentlemen said these were correct and that he would have to talk with someone regarding this. Please let us know so that we can install the hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
When I used to service this window, I would first slide the 15-040 shoe through the cutout in the track. I would then drop the balance from the top of the sash down the side and screw the balance at the top. Have someone hold the sash up for you while you slide the bottom bow tie at the end of the spiral through the shoe. After you do that, slide the balance shoe up into the bottom of the sash and bring up the spiral to the shoe and use our 75-004 charging tool to give the spiral three clockwise turns, bring it up into the shoe, and finally lock the bow tie to it.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.