Milgard Window Awing Operator

A quick learner from California says:
This is for a Milgard window.

I have 2 of them where the screw cannot be seated and so i can't crank it.

What is the replacement model?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-2179.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-2178.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-2176.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:


We'd be happy to help you find the correct replacement for your operator but it's primarily the arm and the stud or clip at the end of the arm that will tell us what to recommend for you. If you could remove the operator and take a picture, we should be able to point you in the right direction if your operator is still available. Thank you!

A quick learner from California says:
Hi Casey

It's a single arm and looking at it from the outside - it moves to the right of the center of the window.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-2194.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-2196.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Ah, I see. Looks like you have an old Roto brand operator. We did carry this model at one time but it was discontinued. Roto unfortunately hasn't made a replacement for it yet, and between you and me, I don't think they have any plans to.

We may be able to come up with a substitute, but it will take a little more time. I want to experiment with a few different parts in our inventory on a compatible window. Please bear with us just a little longer as we look into it and we'll get back to you ASAP.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, maybe I can help. First, you say your operator is not "seated". Try using longer screws that will go into the wood frame below your window. That might help in securing your operator into the sill. 

As for the operator itself, yours is no longer available. It is normally used on casement windows, too, not awning windows. I wonder if someone repaired your window with this part in the past and that your windows originally had something different.

You could try to use our 39-365 casement operator, but I'm not sure if you could adapt it to your window using the 39-39-504 track. The current type of operator used on awning windows would be the 39-393 along with the sash bracket 39-340. That might be worth considering.

Look these parts over and let us know what you think.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)