Awning Operator ID

A home owner from Bradenton, FL says:
Have casement windows in my atrium, house is 30+ yrs old and I've owned only 8 so have no idea who made windows. Had one crank replaced by local co. but the service was horrid. Need to replace 1 left and one right had crank, thus 2 cranks. I measured 5"1/4 for the body of the device. Silver. How can I get replacement parts? One bank of windows won't open without force so not doing it, and the right hand crank bank of windows is striped. It barely shuts the window. Help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4320.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4321.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4322.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4324.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4325.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I've listed a few possible replacements for these operators: see our 39-011 and 39-012, or our 39-060 and 39-061. The hole patterning looks similar with both sets to what your awning operator has; but I can't say for sure if either set is what you need without seeing the link arm out of the window as well. Remove your operator from the window and compare the link arm to either set. Let me know what you find. If neither set looks right, we'll keep looking for you. 

Thank you. Next week when a friend returns from business trip will ask he remove and we'll send photos. I am frightened to remove units because there is no way to keep the 4 windows each crank operates open. Tried masking and gorilla tape to keep closed from outside but strong winds just open windows. Afraid if I remove I won't be able to reinstall afterwards until new parts arrive. This room is a very vital functioning part of my house living space. Catch 22! Thank you! I'll be back to you and in meantime will look at those units mentioned.
Johanna
Profile picture of Bob

Understood Joahanna. We'll be here when you can get that added view for us. Thanks again for reaching out!

Hi..those cranks you suggested look very similar to the model that was installed by the window repair company, the one I will no longer use due to unfair practices. "Quoting a price, then presenting a bill at 5 times that bid." But..here are photos of their replacement crank. I should mention, old and this new crank are 3/4 in wide at the flat. It is also a darker color, more charcoal then the old grey. But white tips aren't on the agenda:). Btw, could it be that just the handles need replace, not the whole mechanism? If something is stripped is it the base or the crank handle that needs replaced? Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 17AD180A-7428-415A-B71B-451A0C2851FA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 62A7E7B5-E750-42F0-9298-DAB121E53ECF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 97684959-93E7-41C4-A96C-080BFDD8F87F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5FA713E1-632B-4F64-9425-FAE292D5C3B8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 50C8BED7-F891-4B45-92F4-0298F5A0653E.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me, Joahanna. The exact width of the housing, nor the color, aren't necessarily that important. The hole pattern and spacing of those mounting holes on the top and bottom of the operator, as well as the shape and style of the link arm, are the most pertinent features of these operators; the only way to know those features is to remove the operator from the window and show it to us from the side and rear. From there, we should be able to more definitively narrow down what you need. For information on how to remove and replace these operators, see the video below. 

I'm afraid the handle itself isn't meant to be replaced with these awning operators; when it breaks, its a sign the entire operator has worn down and needs to be replaced. And yes, sorry to hear of your window repair company! Fortunately I am confident we can get you the operators you need. Once we have those rear and side pictures, we should be able to wrap this up. Many thanks. 

Ok, was hoping it might be able to avoid removal until had part to repair but see it's more like buying clothing online..looks like something you'd like but until you try it on and feel it, won't know it's a good buy:). Thanks for the video. Impossible to get a handyman now with Covid. Will get back with you shortly. Thanks!
Hi, took one apart, here are photos. This one may just need WD and he's gone off to buy the tiny screw from outside so he can close the window now. Hope these photos are sufficient. Thanks. Johanna
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ACFECF1A-12A4-405C-9134-10892F29063B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A443FA12-B9B9-4273-90FE-B8035B26CE38.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5289327D-B410-4ED3-887B-7C3249DE0842.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9D65DDF1-8EED-493F-B289-F80CFFBCC6A5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D32A0D12-61CE-4082-AEB4-A5FBAA4A119B.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Hi Johanna. Take a look at the 39-193 and 39-194 Operators. These have an offset in the link arm, similar to yours, as well a similar hole pattern. You'll just want to confirm that the hole at the end of the link arm has a 3/8" diameter. Let me know what you find.

Thanks for quick response. We put the crank assembly together again, so will wait till he can return to remove and measure. That hole is the outside hole, correct? Lol. Are both of these replacements metal?
Profile picture of Bob

It's the hole at the end of the link arm that you appear to have a rivet in. If you can confirm the diameter of that hole, we should be able to clarify this for you pretty quickly. Thanks.

Glad for that clarification. Won't be able to measure until friend can return and remove it again. At this time, I have to be fluid. Thanks!
Profile picture of Bob

No worries. We'll be here when you can get back to us. Be safe, and thanks. 

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.