Awning Operator Kit, Long Arm Product Code: 39-389

A home owner from Ames, IA says:
Hi,
I am trying to replace a broken window operator and crank but can't find a name on the window or operating unit. The Awning Operator Kit, Long Arm Product Code: 39-389 seems like it might work but I'm not sure. Here are a few photos. I have two windows like this in my house and one is completely broken while the other one simply works very poorly and has a replacement crank which doesn't fit properly.

Oh, and the windows are 29" wide with an existing 27" awning operator. I am happy to replace it with anything suitable. I would love to be able to open the window as wide as possible. At it's max it opens about 18" from the frame.

Thanks for your help,
Bambi
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bambi. This appears to be an older operator. I cannot guarantee that our 39-389 will work for it, but it appears to be the closest match we have. You could also consider our 39-390.
A quick learner from Ames, IA says:
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the fast response! If it doesn't work may I return it?
Bambi
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You sure can. Check out our Return Policy for more information.
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.