BF Rich Balance Assembly

A quick learner says:
Hello,

Attached are pictures of the balance assembly from my BF Rich Dual Hung Window.

It weighs 25 lbs.

Can you tell what replacement parts I need?

Thanks,

Rob

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1933.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1935.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1923.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1921.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1922.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Rob. We should be able to help with this, but I'm having a little trouble making out your balance system based on these photos. Would it be possible to see a picture of the pivot shoe itself removed from the track entirely? Some important details are obscured while it's still installed, so seeing it out should allow me to pinpoint what system you have.

A quick learner from MD says:
Hello,

Attached are pictures of my Pivot Shoe for my BF Rich Double Hung Window. The pivots shoes are working. I believe I need new constant force spring for both sides of the window.

Please let me know if you need additional pictures.

Thanks for your assistance.

Thanks,

Rob
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1947.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1948.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1949.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Rob. Thank you for these photos. We believe you can use two S160-6 coil springs on each side of the window for your 25 lbs. sash. The coil springs are piggy backed, where the top spring locks on to the lower spring and the lower spring locks onto the pivot shoe. 

We don't have the individual nylon coil spring housings, but we do have 15-150D double support to hold them. That should work just as well.

A quick learner from MD says:

Hi Paul,

I just place the order on-line.

I ordered four S160-6 and two 15-150D

Thanks for your assistance.

Rob

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Excellent, thank you so much. Please let me know if you had any follow up questions.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.