Balance Guide?

A quick learner from FL says:
Looking for clip to hold ballast in place for alcan window in a storm door
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15599399091571665854130.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15599399968471229464499.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15599400230992137351609.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you need to replace your Top Sash Guide. It's difficult to say which guide you need without seeing an undamaged version out of the window. But check out our 18-161 to start, as it's been used on Alcan windows before. Remove the other guide from the window and compare the appearance and dimensions to see if it's a match. Let me know what you find.

Thanks Bob. Is removing the window from this door difficult?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Perhaps I can be of assistance. There should be a take out clip like our 16-002 in the upper track. You would pop it out on both sides, raise the sash pass it to disengage the balances from the sash. Push the sash on one side and swing out the other side. In short, I don't think it will be different from the typical removal and replacement process for top sash guides. See the video below for details. 

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. This definitely looks like our 18-161. All orders can be placed via the online store. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Here is a picture of a good one out of the actual door. I would like to order two Replacements because this one is also cracked.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15620865812271871006720.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15620866543201803516509.jpg
How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.