Balance for Simonton Window

A quick learner from Silver Springs says:
I have a Simonton single hung, dual pane, vinyl windows that needs a new balance on one side. Per my warranty paperwork, I believe the window is the Dimensions II model, circa 1996.

From the broken parts, it looks to be a triple spring type, and the [barely] visible markings on the spring next to the shoe appears to say MEGA 6.5 33".

Photo of an unbroken balance is attached.

I also need new weatherstrip for the bottom of the sash and do not see anything like it in your online catalog. It seems to be just a rubber flap that fits into a track in the bottom of the sash. Photo attached.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
A quick learner from Silver Springs says:
Found a patent number on the shoe: 4,610,108
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Let's start off with your coil spring. I believe they are 1/2" wide. Therefore, I would recommend our S160-6 as the replacement which also includes the 6.5 stamped marking on the spring. Next, see if our 15-191 pivot shoe is a fit to your current shoe. Lastly, our 58-183 weatherstripping looks close to what you have. Be sure to compare your measurements to each of these parts to confirm whether or not they are a match.
A quick learner from Silver Springs, FL [34488] says:
1/2" is the coil spring width, but I need the entire spring assembly, not just new springs. The spring mount & housing cover broke as well as one of the springs. The shoe I have is actually still ok, though I would prefer the complete assembly for simplicity. If you don't have the balance assembly as a unit, what parts do I need to mount the spring, including a cover for the mount? It looks like that piecemeal I would need the 160 springs, a mount bracket, and the cover plate for the mount. I'd probably get a new shoe as well, to have all new parts.

I've attached a photo of what I have left besides the shoe itself.
coil balance
Profile picture of Paul
We have new style 15-150D double support, which is meant to work with the Series 160 coil spring. See if both springs have the same number. If so, I recommend our S160-6. The pivot shoe looks like our 15-191 and weather stripping looks like our 58-183. Please review these parts and let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Silver Springs, FL [34488] says:
On further examination, I see that one spring is labeled 5.5 33" 130-494 and the other 6.5 33" 290-156. So I guess I'll be needing two different springs, a 6.5 and a 5.5 of the Series 160.

The 15-150D looks workable, but I don't see a cover or retainer to cover the springs and hold them in place. Do you have such a thing for that support?
Profile picture of Paul
Great, glad the springs are a match! As for a retainer, that's actually exactly how the 15-150D operates. It covers the springs and keeps them in place while your window operates.
A quick learner says:
OK, thanks. I'll order what I need later today.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.