Balance replacemenr

A quick learner from Cincinnati, OH says:
Looking to replace the balances on two double hung windows. On one of the balance, there is a label stamped on the side - 27HD.
Looking for the parts numbers needs to place for both windows which I believe is 4 total. Thank You. Brian
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BCF475BA-26B1-43AC-891B-B54BBC902632.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B3536889-5975-499A-A757-643152F5B65A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3692D232-F459-42D4-8E31-71F3C6C86602.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0BF22E8E-CB24-4E40-8F06-9D02DBE8632E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 909E3EEE-0ED1-41F3-8FAC-63C15410FAF8.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Brian.

It looks like you may have our Series 770 but with the 62-105 hook so that it can connect to a pivot shoe like our 15-105. This configuration isn't a stock balance of ours but we can provide this for you via custom order. However, I'd like to see an undamaged version of this balance removed from the window to confirm. 

I'll also need you to obtain the exact sash weight, as well as confirm the length of the metal channel. That will help us determine what length and spring strength option to use for your replacements. 

Hi Emily -
How will be the best way to obtain the exact sash weight for the common household?
Thanks,
Brian
Profile picture of Emily

A common bathroom scale will suffice! 

Hi Emily -

The following is the additional information you requested.

1) Sash weight is 25 lbs (24.6 lbs exact on scale)
2) The length of the track is 28 inches
3) I have attached pictures of the pivot shoe to confirm we have the right one.

Thanks for all you help!
Brian
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageOTMdGR.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageP3hNMP.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagemTxAy5.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageYhATam.gif
Profile picture of Emily

Great! Thank you for getting back to me, Brian. What I'll do now is email you a purchase link and price quote for (4) S770-28 balances with the 62-105 hook attached and a 28D spring strength option for a sash weighing 23 to 28 pounds. You can use this to place an order right on our website. 

Your pivot shoe indeed looks like a good match for our 15-105 but compare our dimensions with yours and see if you agree. Just note, the 15-105 shoe is sold separately so don't forget to add this to your cart as well. 

If you have any questions or would like to make any changes, please let me know and I'd be happy to help. 

Hi Emily-

Would you be able to generate a quote for 2 balances instead of 4? From what I can tell, we are looking good, but would like to replace the one window just to make sure all dimensions are correct.

Many Thanks
Brian
Profile picture of Emily

Certainly! I'll shoot you over a new link for 2 balances right now. 

Hi Emily-
I just wanted to let you know the parts arrived today and everything works great. Thank you so much for helping with getting the window operational again. Have a great day!
Brian
Profile picture of Emily

My pleasure, Brian! Please let me know if I can assist with any future repairs. I'm always happy to help! 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.