Balance replacements

A landlord from Fallbrook, ca says:

I have two different ones

20 4 CW CMC 10... 21 inches metal only... I need 4

The other one is 26DS 42? 27" metal part

They're both the same style just different sizes. The larger windows are 30lbs?

Thank you,

Kristin

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Kristin. I am sure we can help with both balances, but the one stamped 26DS42 will have to be custom made due to its unique spring strength, as designated by that stamp code. For both balances, however, I need clearer pictures of the nylon fittings on either end of the metal channel; we need to see both to properly identify these balances. It looks like one of the balances is missing the top fitting, so you'll need to balances that are undamaged to show us. From there we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. 

Here's some more photos and a number from one that was already replaced ... 27"
26 5 CW CMC 10

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. Both of these balances appear to be either Series 380 or Series 385 Channel Balances. The only difference between these two balances is the depth of the bottom nylon shoe. This can be thought of as the 'heel-to-toe' measurement. The image below illustrates this. The Series 380 has a shoe depth of 1", while the Series 385 has a shoe that's 1-3/32" deep. 

You'll need to confirm which Series you need for both sets of balances. The 21" balances are either the S380-21 or S385-21, with a stamp option of 2040. For the balances with the 26DS42 stamp, let me know what Series it is and I will email you a custom link to order them; do you need (14) of these? Many thanks. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Series 385.... the slightly larger of the two. I need 14 of those and 4 of the 21" size. Thank you so much for all your help!
Profile picture of Bob

I just sent you an email to order (14) 27" Series 385 Channel Balances, with the special stamp option of 26DS42. Please note that it will take at least four to five business weeks to get these parts in stock and built for you. The other, S385-21 balances you can buy directly through their shop page. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you so much!
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.