Balance rod

Contractor from Minneapolis
Apr 30, 2024 6:52 pm
This is to support a double hung window. It says Girkin on hardware latches.
The hung window sash is 23" Tall and 21" wide 1.25" thick ( including vynl frame )
im guessing window weighs 16 lbs ?
The spring diameter is .344"
The spring coils are about 9" long 10.5" long with ends of springs included
The entire assembly pictured is 22.625"
The bottom of the window has a pin that is pulled up on
The top of the assembly is screwed into top ofside jamb. The slot that the balancer fits in is .5" x .5"

I need about 8 balancers and about 4 of the pins that go in bottom of window
20240430_172632 20240430_140518 20240430_141036 20240430_140443 20240430_142518
5 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 2, 2024 11:35 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Thanks for writing in to us! Your balances appear to be the discontinued crossbow style balance. These have been converted to use our Series 795 Channel Balances.

To confirm that these balances will be a situatable replacement, you'll need to confirm the dimeter of the spring tube. This measurement should be 1/2"; please let me know if it is 3/8" as this will need to be a custom assembly.

When obtaining the length of the balance, you'll need to use an undamaged balance. If you do not have one, I'll need to know the measurement for the height of the visible glass, only the glass you can see. Please also confirm the dimension for the width of the bottom shoe.

The last piece of information I'll need is the exact weight of the window. Unfortunately, I would not be able to confirm if the sash weight is 16lbs and it would be best not to guess the weight to ensure that the balances are not too strong for the window.

Take a look at the video below for instructions on this balance conversion and the information you'll need to determine the correct balances. Let me know if you have any questions.

In regard to the pivot bar, take a look at the 26-021 2-1/2" Pivot Bar. This is the pivot bar most commonly used with the shoes compatible with the Series 795 Channel Balance. 

Alternate image for 26-021
Alternate image for 26-021

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts