What is the difference between 15-195 and 15-195B

A contractor from Ohio says:
What is the difference between 15-195 and 15-195B? They appear the same to me and seem to be what I am looking for.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
The 15-195 has a closed cam, see it from the rear:
Dimensions for 15-195
Dimensions for 15-195

The 15-195B has an open cam, here is a view from the rear:
Dimensions for 15-195B
Dimensions for 15-195B
A contractor from Ohio says:
That answers my question. Thank you for the quick response! I'm surprised I didn't notice that.
A quick learner from Marylad says:
My Balances have a valley where the 195 T-Locks would get installed. Your 195 will not fit. I do not mind buying the entire balance but am concerned that the valley in the balance is there to allow the pivot bar to slide into the cam when installing and removing the window. Your balances do not have this indentation to allow for pivot bar insertion. Will that be an issue?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180407_070807.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us! This is an older style that's not made anymore. Like you mentioned, you will need an all new balance. The good news is, our Series 795 should work great as a replacement. That valley you mentioned was actually phased out by the manufacturer because they didn't think it was a necessary design feature. I know what you mean about the pivot bars getting in the way when installing the sash, but the only way it affects installation is that you have to put the sash in at a bit more of an angle. Otherwise it works the same way.

The only other detail to take note of is that our Series 795 installs at the top using a screw tab. Yours might use a hook, but I'm not sure. If that's the case, let me know. It would have to be specially made.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.