Unique 27-C-30 Balance spring

A home owner from Bloomington IN says:
Hello,

I'm looking for replacement balance springs for my window. Can you help me find the right ones?

Thanks!
Travis K

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 55FD1C3E-0C4B-4226-B074-BE75F798C80C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0B100C3D-8FD7-4168-9AE3-40C933C4B61C.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Travis. I'm not sure what you have, unfortunately. We have dozens of different balances with that stamp. It's not a product code or anything, it just indicates the strength of the spring.

In order to figure out what Series this is, we need you to remove an undamaged version of this balance from the window and show me clear pictures of the top and bottom nylon fittings. We will also need to know the dimensions of these fittings.

A home owner from Bloomington IN says:
Hi Tom,

Not sure which parts are the nylon fittings. Do you mean the parts the nylon rope is attached to? Do you just need the width of them? They are 1/2 inch wide.

The whole length of the balance is 28 inches.

I've also attached some more photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3357.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3356.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3360.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3359.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3358.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Oh, I see now. Your balance isn't the type I thought it was, my apologies. Looking at your configuration here it seems that yours doesn't match anything we have in our inventory. That means this will have to be a custom order.

I think we can approximate your balance by using our S770-28 tilt window channel balance, but replacing the square metal tab at the end of the cord with our 62-105 hook. Does that look like it would work for you? Note that this balance is 28" long.

I would also be using the 28C stamp option, which I think should match your old one. Two balances with this stamp can carry a sash weighing  18 through 23 pounds. Since this balance has to be custom made, and custom balances cannot be returned for a refund, I would double check that this information is accurate.

If you think this setup will work for you, please let me know how many you'd like to purchase. I will then email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.