Balancer

Home Owner from North Carolina
Mar 18, 2024 4:38 pm
The item is 17 inches long....please assist

Thanks
wingless bottom shoe wingless top fitting wingless top fitting wingless top fitting wingless bottom shoe
5 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Mar 19, 2024 9:51 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out to us! Based on what I see here, I recommend the Series 351 or Series 390 channel balances, depending on the depth of the bottom fitting. You'll have to measure as shown below to determine the best fit.

There should also be a stamp printed on the metal channel that will indicate what stamp option is needed for your replacements.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

Mar 19, 2024 10:05 am
Thanks, I checked the balancer and there isn't a stamp printed on the channel.

Thanks Emily
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Mar 19, 2024 10:28 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hmm, that's odd. You could always check the balance on the other side of the window to see if that one has an intact stamp. If not, you will need to weigh the window sash on a scale to determine the proper stamp option. There's a chart under the product description on the S351-17 and S390-17 store pages that you can refer to.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Mar 29, 2024 9:37 am
Ok, went back to the house to check on the stamp and there is something stamped on it very faintly 16 2
16 2 stamped channel
1 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Apr 1, 2024 10:33 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

In that case, you can use the 1620 stamp option! 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts