Balancer & Shoes

A quick learner from Iowa, USA says:
I have some windows that the shoes are breaking or becoming brittle. I am not sure what shoe to replace with and I thought I would replace the balancers at the same time. Not sure how I'm going to get the older shoe out of the vinyl tilt window.

Any help would be appreciated.

Window weighs = 23 lbs
Balancer length = 26"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6021.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6022.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6023.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! If all you needed was a new shoe, then you may be able to use our 15-236 to replace the originals. Just note that ours is 1-1/4" wide, so you should check that on your originals.

We don't sell your exact balance, but our Series 795 can still work the same way. The only difference is that it lacks that same groove you have at the bottom of the metal channel. Also note that ours has a screw tab at the top, not a hook.

As for removing the old shoe, it's simpler than it seems at first. Just tilt it 90 degrees in towards you, then twist until the "ears" have clearance and can slip through the gap.

A quick learner from Iowa, USA says:
Thanks Tom for the advice! I appreciate you taking the time for me!
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.