Balancer assembly

A home owner from 29588 says:
I order the wrong part for my window this is what the installer says I need. Also can I return the parts I ordered.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 145554876_3510922569033458_2150816567921459983_n.j
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like our 15-111 Pivot Shoe, which uses either 1/2" thick Series 160 Coil Balances or the 3/8" thick Series 165 balances. You'll need to measure your existing coil springs to know which you need. If you're unsure of what spring weights to select, obtain the exact weight of the window sash. Give me that exact weight, and we'll work out what you need. 

View our Return Policy here.

It's a 1/2 inch I need two sets of this assembly my best guess on window weight is between 8-10 lbs
was also wondering if these parts are required for proper operation of the window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 4.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Then it sounds like you need the 1/2" Series 160 Coil Balances. I highly advise obtaining a more exact sash weight before proceeding, as you need the spring weights chosen to be as accurate as possible. Lowering the sash onto a bathroom scale should suffice. Give me that exact weight and I'll work out what you need. 

its 25lbs
Profile picture of Bob

If the window weighs exactly 25 pounds, then I'd use (1) of the S160-6 6.5 pound springs and (1) of the S160-5 5.5 pound springs on each side of the sash. This equals 12 pounds of support on either side, for a total of 24 pounds overall. Being within one pound of the exact sash weight should work fine. For new covers, use our 15-150D. Let me know if you have further questions. 

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.