Forge

on the metal rail on the balancer it says

AC 24 HD TSE

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220609_180503[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220609_180359[1].jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your balance reminds me of the S751-25 with a 24HD strength option at first glance but we would need to see it removed to confirm. There are other versions of this balance with a different shoe than the 15-014 that comes with our stock balance, so it's important to remove the balance entirely. Thank you!

A handy person from Doylestown, Pa 18901 says:
See attached PIC of the window edges (Inside and Outside)
I do not see any screws that will allow me to remove the Track.
Please advise how to remove so i can show you what you need
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220626_131115[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220626_131118[1].jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
See our video below to help you through the removal process. The strips on either side of the jamb liner will need to be removed to release the jamb liner. I do see a hole in your photo, which may have been where one of the screws was installed originally.
A handy person from Doylestown, Pa 18901 says:
I double checked and there are NO screws on either the inside or outside of the track.
See attached pics
As previously stated the window are 1992 vintage.
Please advise best way to remove track / balancers
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220702_110935.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220702_110927.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Marvin customers have successfully replaced their tilt ribbed balances with our Series 751. The Series 751 comes with a 15-014 locking terminal at the end of the cord. You would need the S751-25 with a 24HD strength option for a sash weighing between 18-22 lbs. 

To replace them, you will raise the bottom sash up about six inches, tilt the sash in and twist it to release the pivot bars from the terminal clips. Now, carefully remove the vinyl jambs from the window wood frame. They are held in by the pressure of the sashes when they're installed. Lay the jamb liner down and slide up the broken balance from the vinyl track. Remove the "S" clip from the balance and install it on the new balance. 

Then, slide the new balance down the track, keeping the 15-014 terminal clip from catching inside the track. Hook the "S" clip on the track and pull down the 15-014 terminal clip about six inches from the balance and lock it in place. After you replace all the broken balances re-install the jamb liners and sashes before testing that the window is functioning properly.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.