BiFold Door parts

A quick learner from Morrison, Co says:
I have a FULL-VU closet door composed of two bi-panel elements. To repair it I started to document each element:
top pivot 5/16"
top glide 1/4"
bottom pivot 5/16"
bottom glide 1/4"
A very wise decision as there appeared to be only simple pins and such. Actually each of the four locations, above, are different.

I mention this because I compared my door with your replacement kits and some discrepancies are confounding me which is why I am writing. Let me compare your kits with my door. NOTEABLE your pin lengths are 5-1/4" and mine are 4-1/4".

What I found on my door:

1) Top Pivot (you have no kit nor any unthreaded pins of 5/16" diameter.)
The part number 21-014 should be identified as a glide as the pin has a head whereas pivots have no heads and your 21-014 is 1/4" not 5/16".

My door has:
headless 5/16" pin - Headed will NOT work....well maybe it would BUT poorly.
two 5/16" nylinders (for 5/16" pin)
one spring
one cotter pin keeper

2) Top Glide (your kit number 21-058)
My door has:
Nylon glide - in kit
4-1/4" x 1/4" pin with 5/16" head - 5-1/4" x 1/4" with 5/16" head in kit
2 1/4" nylinders - not in kit
1 spring - in kit
1 cotter pin keeper - in kit
3) Bottom Pivot (your kit number 21-048 **a perfect kit**)
My door has:
4-3/4" x 5/16" headless pin, half threaded - 4-3/4 x 5/16" included in kit
1 5/16" nylinders - 1 included it kit
1 threaded keeper - 1 included in kit
1 nut - 1 included in kit
4) Bottom Glide (your kit number 21-049)
My door has
4-1/4 x 1/4" headed pin - your kit has 5-1/4" x 1/4" headed pin
1 nylon glide - one in kit
2 (1/4") nylinders - only one in kit

I made an ASSUMPTION that a 5-1/4 was suitable replacement for 4-1/4 but maybe not. Did you mislabel actual 4-1/4" as 5-1/4"?

Bifold door pins
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Don't be concerned with the length of the bi-fold door pins. It's the thickness that is more important. Your first observation on the 5/16 top pivot pin is correct, that was a discontinued part that is no longer available. Hopefully, you have the pin and are just missing the 21-151 nylinder and 21-158 cotter pin. On the 21-058, the manufacturer eliminated the 21-150 nylinder. You can purchase them separately, if this is what you need. We did check, though, and the bi-fold pins are 5-1/4" long. As well, thank you for bringing up the 21-014 description. We will look into it.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.