Both my channel balance and pivot shoe have broken

A friend from Michigan says:

Hi, my home has a single hang window and the channel balance and pivot shoe has broken so I can't open the window. The manufacture is Pollard windows and doors.

Please see the attached photos of the actual size of the parts.

Could anyone help me find the right parts to fix the window?

I really appreciate your help! Thank you so much!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1574.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1577.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I'm very confident that we can get these parts for you. For the pivot shoe, I see you were looking at our 15-129. I definitely think this is a strong contender, but it depends on the thickness of your shoe. I can't tell that from your photo. Measure your thickness and compare it to our 15-129's dimensions to confirm.

Detail of 15-129
Detail of 15-129
As for the channel balance, can you show me a picture of the hook or clip or whatever was at the bend of that cord? It looks like it broke off, but it will be an essential detail. If I see that then I'll definitely be able to point you in the right direction.
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your help.

Please see the attached photo of the pivot shoe, channel balance and pivot on the window.

Another questions is: can I install spiral balance instead of the cord ones? I want the new balance to last longer which I think spiral ones should do.

Thank you.

Regards,

Yin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1585.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1586.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1587.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1588.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks, Yin! Looks like your shoe is closer to 1/2" thick, not 9/16". If you agree, then consider our 15-135. This is a strong contender for a replacement shoe.

As for the balance, we still need to see whatever clip or hook was at the end of that cord. Like I mentioned, yours broke off, so seeing this balance again won't help us. If you have an undamaged version of this balance in the house then I would use that as a reference.

I wouldn't recommend using a spiral balance. I don't think it would work properly for your window. They don't necessarily last longer, anyway. The complications you might run into aren't worth whatever longevity you may or may not get, in my opinion.

HI Tom,

Thanks for the good information.

Would these photos help?

Let me know if you need anything more
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0848.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0849.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0851.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Yes! These a perfect, thank you. I think our Series 770 channel balance is a good match for the original. This has the same style terminal clip at the end of the cord and is fully compatible with our 15-135 shoe.

Thanks Tom!
Profile picture of Tom

You got it! Let me know if you need anything else and we will do our best to help.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.