Bottom Channel Balance Shoe

A home owner from Florida says:
My shoe is shaped like the 15-004 and 15-005. The only problem is that the size. You show a 1 inch and 1 3/32 inch. Mine is 7/8 inch. Not sure what I need.

It is stamped with 28C and is channel is 29" long. The window weighs 20 lbs.

Thanks for any help you can provide. Tom
User submitted picture of channel balance shoe attachments.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Tom. Are you sure it's only 7/8"? We do not have a shoe with that kind of depth. It's possible that yours is the 15-005, and has just been worn down. Please double check the depth and make sure its as accurate as possible. Make sure that you're measuring the right part of the shoe. You can see what the depth is for the 15-005 below.

Alternate view of 15-005
Alternate view of 15-005

Tom,

Here is a picture. It may be a little over 7/8" but it is definitly under 1" There does not seem to be any wear on the foot. In fact the window has been raised and lowered very little.

Tom
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the great picture! This certainly is a mystery. I have one last question, though. Could we see a picture of the underside of the shoe? Is there a wheel inside the shoe itself? If so, it may be a special custom balance. Let me know!
Here is the picture you requested.

User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. This is certainly a unique situation. I've given it some thought, and I think you might want to go with our S380-29 channel balance, which uses the 15-005 shoe. It may be a little deeper, but I think it may work. Worst case scenario is that you'd have to shave a bit off of the shoe in order to get it to fit.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.