Broken #10 coil spring and support pin

A home owner from Maryland says:
Hi,
I'm looking for a 1/2" #10 coil spring. Your 152 coil balance looks like a close match, but it doesn't go up to #10. Any suggestions?

I also found that one of the main support pins (pivot bar?) broke. Do you carry replacements?
Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0(2).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1(2).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2(2).jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I agree that your assembly looks like a match to our 15-177 pivot shoe and S152 coil springs. I would recommend using two of the S152-5 springs on each side of the window, which will support the same amount of weight as one 10 pound spring per side. 

Also, we do carry a selection of pivot bars but we'd need to see an undamaged pivot bar removed from your window sash to research your replacement options. Thank you!

Hi Casey. I included a picture of an unbroken bar. It looks like your 26-226 product is a match.

For the coil springs, I'm a little confused. If I double up the springs on each side, do I need to get a different coil support, or a second one to mount above or below the current one? I can see how the pivot shoe could have two springs attached to it, but I wasn't sure how the other end of the spring (the support?) would be set up.
Thanks for your help on this!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0875.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I agree that as long as the dimensions match up to ours, the 26-226 would be the way to go.

As for going from one coil to two, you'd just install one on top of the other using the 15-143 bushing, 15-144 cap, and 15-145 support barrel. You can get an idea of what that will look like in another customer's discussion here

Casey- Thank you so much for your help with this. Based on your clear explanations, I've ordered the parts and I'm confident I can make the needed repairs.
Have a great day!
Jeff
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.