Broken Balance Shoe

A handy person from Pittsburgh, PA says:
From a number of responses to similar posts, it looks as though the replacement balance shoes I need are no longer available and I will need to place a custom order. Can you please confirm that I need the following parts and quote me the following (2 of each):

S795-28D
15-194
15-198

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yep, that looks right to me! You have a good eye. I'll send you a custom balance order link for 2 of these right now. This will include a price quote. Also keep in mind that all our custom balances come pre-assembled and ready to install out of the box.
A quick learner from Surf City, NC says:
My old Balance look just like this person had. I did not notice you custom make these if standard is not right. I already ordered S795-28B. The 1.25" T-lock balance shoes are too large so I just ordered today the 1" T-locks, and the 15-198 balance clips.

If I replace these two parts myself will I in effect have the custom Channel Balances you are talking about?

Only difference I see is the clips strings will be in a different location... see pictures....

Also, if I decide to,use the clip that comes with the new standard balance where do I drill for the screw since my windows come with a hole for the clip? Would you suggest drilling a pilot hole maybe 1/2" below the existing clip hole?
Here is a closer image of the clips... the bent one is my old balance and clip, the straight clip is,the new one on the new balance.... will it make a difference that the cord is coming out the top in a different location if I swap the straight clips for the bent ones to fit my existing wimdow frame holes
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yep, switching to the 15-198 hook is basically all there is to it. If you are able to tie that on yourself there's no reason for a custom order.

If your window has a hole for the screw-on clip, you should be okay. I'm not sure about drilling a new hole, though. It might mess with how the balance is positioned in the window. We usually suggest sticking with what you had before just in case.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.