Broken Channel Balance

A home owner from Novato, CA says:
Could you please help us what we need. I know the Channel Balance is broken and the top plastic piece in the window is broken. I have pictures of what I need.

Channel Balance is 31" long with out Plastic pieces. The spring inside is 12".

I believe I need a whole new channel balance for the right side of the window (Me Facing window).
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello and thanks for writing in. The top sash guide you're showing is no longer made, but you can use the 18-171. You would just need to modify the guide to fit in the current slot. As for the balances, we need to see one that is completely intact. The end nylon pieces on both sides of the balances play an important part in recommending the right replacement. Once we have those photos, we can go from there. 

You may also want to take a moment and view our selection of channel balances we offer on our site, here.

A home owner from Novato, CA says:
I believe I understand what you are saying. I have attached some pictures so I hope they help. I didn't take one apart but I feel you can see what we have based off the pictures.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PART_1568756165399.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PART_1568756168227.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PART_1568756169407.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the extra photos. Either our S380-31 or S385-31 channel balances may work in place of your present balance. The difference between these two balances is the depth size of the bottom balance shoe. For the Series 380, the depth of the bottom balance shoe measures 1" in depth and for the Series 385, 1-3/32" in depth. You will need to measure the depth of your bottom shoe, like in the diagram below, to determine which balance will work. Whichever one will go with the 3030 option. 

Alternate view of 15-004
Alternate view of 15-004
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.