Broken balance shoes

A handy person from Pine Island, MN says:

These windows were installed in 1975 and I do not know the name. The balance shoes are breaking. From your video it looks like I have to remove the inside trim to remove the balances. I want to order the shoes but need to know which ones. Can I also replace the plastic part the balances are in if you sell them? Please give me advise. Thanks, Morris 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF3524.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF3525.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF3526.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:


You're correct that you will need to remove the jamb liner by following the video below to compare your balance shoe to the 15-014 that comes with the S751 channel balance. Unfortunately, we do not carry replacement jamb liners, only balance hardware. Thank you!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at