Broken channel balance

A home owner from Dublin, CA says:
Hi, I am looking for for a replacement of a broken channel balance. Pictures attached. Description:
-Non-tilt window
-30 inch length (29 inch actual length)
-Thickness: 5/8 inch (1/2 inch?)
-Marking: 29-12 BB5 CMC (difficult to read)
Can you help me identifying the right replacement part, so that I can place order? Thank you very much,
Alexander
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Alexander, please start by taking a look at our Series 395 channel balance. Please confirm the length of your channel balance by measuring only the metal portion of the channel. To choose the best option, we recommend you weigh your window sash. Get back to us and let us know how you made out with this.
A home owner from Dublin, CA says:
Hi Mike,
Thank you for your message. I confirm that the actual lenght of the channel balance is 29 inches.
The weight of the window is 48.5 lbs (22 kg).
Which channel balence do you recommend based on these numbers?

Thanks,

Alexander
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... we don't have anything quite that strong. I did some digging, and according to my records, the old 29-12 stamp was for sashes weighing 39 through 42 pounds. Can you confirm? Check the balance on the other side and see if it has the same marking.
A quick learner from Dublin, CA says:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your message. I checked the balance on the other side and it has the same marking. It is a double pane window and quite heavy. I took it out and I can confirm that the weight is 48 pounds. The string within the balance ruptured.
Do you have balances for this weight?

Thank you,
Alexander
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for confirming! There is a special type of balance we can make that can carry 48 pounds, I just wanted to be 100% sure since your stamp was different. Before we begin, can you just tell me how many you need? We can provide a minimum of 2.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.