Broken coil springs

A handy person from Denver Colorado says:
The coil springs have broken on both sides of my vinyl window. Not sure what parts I need and don't know how to remove the broken parts as I don't see a slot to slip them out. Do I have any option to fix the window and not replace the whole window itself?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We should be able to help with this project, though it's important to note that we sell the individual components to these assemblies separately; your balance is not available as a kit.

That being said, It's tough to make out your assembly from these photos. I think your pivot shoe is a match for our 15-228, which would mean you also have the 1/2" thick Series 160 coil spring and 15-150D double spring support. Look these parts over and see if you agree.

As for removal, you will need to use a cutout at the top of the track. If no cutout exists, you will need to make one. The video below will show you how this can be done.

A handy person from Denver Colorado says:
Thank you so much and sorry for the delayed response! I was able to remove everything and yes those parts and sizes look like exactly what I need.

It looks like I have two springs connected to the shoe (6.5 and 7.5lbs). Is this all I need? Seems like there are springs attached to the spring support too but not sure if they are the same ones that just broke. See photo.

What should I order to replace the whole mechanism in the photo and do you have a video for replacing the new parts?

Thanks again!!
Gregg

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 99C96A1C-462E-4141-A904-6FB811329B89.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

These photos are perfect, thank you! As it turns out, my original assessment was accurate: our 15-228 shoe, Series 160 spring, and 15-150D cover seem to match the individual pieces of your old balance assembly. These remain my top recommendations, though now I'm more confident in them than ever. Look them over and let me know if you had any questions.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.