Broken connection piece at bottom of an Acorn tilt-out window

A quick learner from Hilton Head says:
As you can see, this piece looks like a small U-channel that inserts into the bottom piece of the balance and is held by a set screw. I think it might be a "spiral balance pivot bar"??

I'm wondering if your part # 26-040 is what I need. If so, do you also sell the set screw? If I can find a replacement I will need a total of 14 for my seven windows.
acorn window
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, Acorn used the 26-040 tilt bar for their 15-015 pivot shoe. The set screw comes with the pivot bar, but if you want it by itself, you could use the 33-074.
A quick learner from Hilton Head, SC says:
Thank you very much! So I am trying to imagine how I would remove, replace the pivot bars, and then reattach the window frame into the pivot shoes.

It seems to me that once the pivot bars are replaced, they will extend out past the edges of the window frame. So how exactly are the pivot bars inserted into the pivot shoes?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yep, the pivot bars do stick out a little. That's how they insert into the pivot shoe. In order to remove them, you'll need to raise the window a few inches, tilt it in, then twist it to take it out. See the video below to see how we do it.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.