Broken lock switch on 1970's sliding glass door

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello.
Please see attached photos I took of my grandparent's sliding glass door. The house was built in the early 1970's. As you will see, the plastic lock broke off on the door handle. I need to find the manufacturer so that I can figure out how to fix the lock.

Can you tell from the photos if this is a Swisco manufactured door? If so, how do I repair the broken locking switch on the door handle?
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have a few suggestions. If it's just the lever latch that you need, see our 82-250. Could that lever match up to yours? If not, you could possibly adapt the 82-033 patio door handle set.

Another possibility is that the inside mortise latch could be worn. Unfortunately, your type is no longer available. If that is the case you will need to use a surface mounted locking handle set like our 82-005. You will need to drill new holes to attach it to your door. What do you think?
A quick learner says:
Hi.
Thanks for the response. First, were you able to confirm from the photos that I sent you that this is a Swisco manufactured door? Did the photo of the label tell you anything about what type of door it is?

Yes, the problem is the lever switch. It broke off when I tried to unlock the door. Are there instructions available as to how to install the new lever? I want to confirm that you know what type of door it is before i order a part to replace.

Thank you.

Georgine
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
We actually do not manufacture doors, so it's definitely not ours. I believe it could have been made by either Challenger Inc. Crossly Corporation, Security Aluminum Company, or Northrop Architectural Systems. I'm afraid I cannot narrow it down further. These are pretty old and no longer made. As such, information is limited. To make things easier, you may want to consider a surface-mounted handle set. These just screw right on the face of the door. You may need to drill new holes.
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.