Broken shoe

Handy Person from Pine Beach, N.J.
Jun 15, 2018 11:29 am

Windows are prob about 25 yrs old and still work ok. Love to fix this one and learn how to replace balance mechanism.

Thanks much,

MartinĀ 

2 Replies
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Jun 21, 2018 8:42 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Greetings, Martin. It appears you have the old Silverline mechanical Series 4000 window. The pivot shoe previously placed in these windows have been replaced with the 15-046 along with the Series 600 spiral balance. Please provide us with the tube length and the color bearing of your spiral balance to choose the appropriate balance. It seems your color bearing is red. Please confirm if this is correct. We also would like to guide your eyes to our 75-006 charging tool. This tool will help with the replacement of the balances. If you should need any further assistance, look into our media guides on this page.

Handy Person from Pine Beach, N.J.
Jun 21, 2018 11:44 am
Thank you very much Paul. This morning I removed the sash and carefully measured the shoe and ordered two 15-046 shoes. I do appreciate your thoughtful response. Swisco is a fantastic co and great resource for me.

Martin
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts