Broken shoe

A quick learner says:

The shoe is still attached to the string and I can not pull the shoe out of the track but it is broken. I hope this picture I just send will be helpepful. Thank you

Koula

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0C206C13-8385-4C5B-BC1A-36C930879B06.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Koula! Your knife lock shoe looks like our 15-014. The reason you can't pull it out is because it's in the locked position. To release it, place a flat screw driver on the metal piece and push down to flip the metal fork from the vinyl track. Be very careful because the spring will force the shoe up to the balance. You need to keep a firm grip on it or else it will shoot up in the track and may even break. See the video below for more information on how these balances work.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.