Broken window coil

A home owner from Philadelphia, PA says:
Hello,

I have a broken coil spring on a newer style tilt-in window, I know the window is at least 19 years old. No other issues other than one broken spring. I removed the coil and found it to be stamped with a number 5. I also removed the top portion, as seen in attached photo. I Should have photographed the bottom (cam lock portion) but I left it in the window so that it could be secured. The window is at the vacation home. Based on what I have should I purchase the S140 or should I investigate further?

Thanks,
John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I'm afraid this coil balance is a little unusual to me; I am afraid it would be best to see the pivot shoe, or the part with the cam, to be safe. The identity of the pivot shoe is always a good way of identifying the needed coil balances or substitutes. If you could back to us with a picture of the pivot shoe when possible, we will do our best to identify what you need. Many thanks.

A home owner from Philadelphia, PA says:
Hellow,

I have attached pics of the shoe, can you help identify the correct replacement part?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15830777031508410408053249426190.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15830777844677586742047300825596.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15830778224049001302331892635092.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15830778515127778063354132168755.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The coil spring manufacturer discontinued your style of coil spring. They recommend the 15-140 new style pivot shoe with S150-5 coil springs. We still have some of the old pivot shoes like yours, the 15-141; but that can only be used with your old coil springs if they are undamaged. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.