Broken window locker

A quick learner from Minnesota, USA says:
I am looking for a replacement for my broken window lock. Attached are the photos of broken pieces. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3F2CD2A4-E673-471A-BE58-B2CA9E56AA46.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 91F34741-410F-4AA5-AAAE-7A20F4848309.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EDDC5E57-EF95-4621-A261-0F4661EA0921.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Your lock appears to be a match for our 38-144, but please look it over and tell me if you agree.

Alternate image for 38-144
Alternate image for 38-144

Ordered this part and got it today, however My original screws do not work on them. Do you know where I can screws that fit your 38-144?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221030_180321.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221030_180347.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm honestly surprised to hear that your old screws didn't work. They really should have, and in fact are necessary to install the new part. Can you go into more detail as to why they didn't fit?

see the original screw does not fit into any of the 6 holes (3 on each side) on the black plastic part, looks like screw is bigger than the hole, see the second photo on my last post
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for clarifying. You aren't showing a screw in those photos, which I guess is why I'm confused. That appears to be more like a locking post of some kind.

Do you have an undamaged version of your old lock that I can see? If I can see how an undamaged version functions that will give me a better idea of what this post is, how it works, and what we can offer to approximate it.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.