CLIP FOR WINDOW TRACK

A quick learner says:
Do you happen to have this part? My windows are Anderson, I've lived in my home for 28 years, so I'm assuming these are contractor grade windows. There is a left and a right piece on each bottom of the window which goes in the side tracking of the window and catches if you want to leave the window half open, etc. Thank you!!!!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC03597.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC03598.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

We don't sell this exact pivot bar but our 26-150 is our modern replacement. Would it be possible for us to see a photo of the balance shoe? I just want to make sure this part will be compatible with it. 

A quick learner says:
Apologize, but what is the balance shoe?
Profile picture of Emily

No need to apologize! The balance shoe is usually a nylon part that's connected to the balance. In your case, the pivot bar in your photos engages with the shoe. 

A quick learner says:
Got it! Thank you! Will get you another photo. . .have a great day!
Profile picture of Emily

No problem! Let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to help. I hope you have a great day as well! 

A quick learner says:
Hi, Emily! Sorry for the delay! We've had some nasty weather, so didn't want to take out a window. Here are some additional photos for your review. Appreciate your assistance. Have a great day!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW CLIP 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW CLIP 2.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Hi there! I'm sorry to say that these new photos don't tell us anything new. We specifically need to see a photo of the balance's shoe, not the pivot bar. It's possible that it may be still in the window track. 

A quick learner says:
Hi, Emily! So sorry I'm not providing the correct photos. Can you provide a picture of the balance shoe, so I know what I'm looking for? Thank you!!!!
Profile picture of Emily

No need to apologize! If I had to guess, it may look like the 15-014 knife lock shoe but I won't be able to confirm without seeing a photo of the original. 

A quick learner says:
Thank you!!!! So, it looks like the side of the window. . .let me try again. . .thank you!!!
A quick learner says:
Hi, Emily! I took photos of all sides of the window. . .does this help you???
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW SIDE 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW SIDE 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW SIDE 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW SIDE 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW SIDE 5.jpg
A quick learner says:
3 additional photos. . .could only send 5 at a time. . .thanks again!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW SIDE 6.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW SIDE 7.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW SIDE 8.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

These photos are only of the sash, unfortunately. What I need you to do is inspect the inside of the window jamb. I've circled the area I'm referring to in one of your photos below. You will have to look and see if there is a shoe that resembles something like the 15-014 in the length of the jamb. 

track
A quick learner says:
Hi, Emily!

Hope this is what you're referring to. . .thank you so much!

Have a great day!
Cindi
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW SHOE.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there! Emily isn't here today, but I think I can help.

Your pivot bar is an older style that is not made anymore. However, looking at the design of the shoe in your most recent photo, I feel confident that the 26-150 that Emily picked out originally can be used as an alternative. It should be fully compatible with that shoe. My only concern is hole placement: drilling a new hole may be necessary. Not 100% sure about that, though, it may work fine as-is. Just something you should keep in mind.

A quick learner says:
Thanks, Tom!

I'll get this part ordered and give it a try!

Appreciate your and Emily's assistance!

Have a great day!
Profile picture of Tom

You're very welcome! Thanks for the order, we really appreciate it.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about this or other projects. Just let me know!

A quick learner says:
Hi, Tom or Emily!

Question for you. . .is there a lubricant available for the frame, so the window will slide up and down more easily?

Thank you and have a great evening!
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, if you're just looking to lubricate the track then your best bet is going to be a silicone spray. This is better than WD-40 because it's a lot cleaner; oil tends to attract dust and debris in clumps, which can be a real problem in window tracks since that stuff blows in from the outside pretty easily. That won't be a problem with silicone spray.

We don't sell it our selves but you can pick some up from any local hardware store.

A quick learner says:
Thank you, Tom!

Appreciate your help!

Have a great evening!
Cindi
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.