Caldwell Stamped Balances

A handy person from Southern Maryland says:
Need 4 balances. Length is 28 inches metal piece to metal piece.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance1
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance2
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance3
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance4
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance5
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Take a look at our S380-28 and S385-28. The only difference between these two balances is the 'depth' of the bottom nylon shoe, so compare both with your old hardware to see what matches best. You will need a stamp option of 2740. 

A handy person from Southern Maryland says:
Thank you. As I took my windows out this weekend. I noticed the piece screwed into the top of the window was chipped. Just to confirm I need to replace the top sash guide plastic pieces? The one listed 5/8" under the balances I bought as a related item? I ended up needing the S380-28.

Thanks again!
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

If your top sash guide pieces are still in good condition, there should not be any need to replace them. However, if there is a need to replace them, there are a lot of different ones that can be used with the Series 380. You want to replace it with one that's as most compatible with your original one as possible. If you would like some assistance with that, we'd be happy to help. Send us some photos of the guide, with measurements and we will take a look. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.