Can I install 20-013 on vinyl windows?

A landlord from Boston says:
I am looking for vent locks for existing vinyl windows that do not currently have vent locks. Can I install 20-013 on vinyl windows? I know that it says for wood windows, but I am wondering if they would work for vinyl and if I need to do anything special to install besides predrill. I know that drilling into the vinyl will void the window warranty, but I am not concerned about that at this point.

Alternatively, do you sell, or know of anyone who does, the vent locks that screw into the side tracks of the window?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I can't say for certain, but the 20-013 may work. You should also take a look at the 26-275 Window Slider Limit Lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good news! We just added a vent lock that can be installed on windows that don't currently have vent locks. It's the Swisco 26-387 Vent Lock Kit.

Please take a look on our tutorial video on how to install the 26-387:

How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.