Can't find matching top sash guide

A quick learner from MN says:
Hi, I'm having trouble finding something similar (see pics), particularly with the integrated plastic dowel. I'm not sure how necessary the dowel portion is?

The measurements are:

Depth (top of guide): 1 1/2"
Height: 1 7/8"
Width (top of guide): 1"
Width (rest of the guide): 5/8"

I can send any other pictures or measurements upon request.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200326_144055.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200326_143752.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Your top sash guide is showing some resemblance to our 18-073. Have a look, review our measurements listed, and see if this guide can be used to fix your window. 

A quick learner from MN says:
That is perfect! Not sure how I missed it when looking through all the items.

I have some further questions as well that I was hoping to get answered so I can do one large order with everything at once.

I am wondering if it's possible to fix just a portion of the vinyl sash, a lot of them are cracked in a similar fashion as seen in the picture attached. If it can't be replaced, any suggestions on how to deal with the cracks?

Also, I am missing a trapezoid shaped plug that fits to the side of the sash to fill the gap and has a square slot it fits into on the window frame. Is that a part that is carried, or do you have an idea of where to get something similar? It is approximately 1 3/4 x 1/3 x 3/8 (height x width x depth) and has 1/4" pile on both sides.

Last but not least, the black stuff surrounding the glass is loose or missing in some windows. Is that possible to be fixed?

I have more pics, but the limit is five so I can always add more later if needed.

Thanks!
David
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200326_151452.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200326_151522.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200327_131056.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200327_131115.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200327_131125.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, David. Your sash is significantly cracked. I'm not sure if this is something you can repair. You may need new sashes entirely. I would recommend contacting the original manufacturer of the window for that. Sometimes small cracks can be patched over, but yours are pretty significant. 

That's just my opinion. You could also check a local hardware store and see what they recommend. I'm sure everyone with a screwdriver has their own view on what you can do. A hardware store could also sell a material to patch it, which is not something we can do.

We are also not able to supply that draft plug. These are difficult for us to supply since they're usually made to the precise size of the window frame.

The black material around the glass looks to be a kind of glazing bead. I'm not familiar with this type, though. Would it be possible to see an end section remove from the window and displayed from an angle that shows its end profile? That way we can see its shape and see if any of our vinyl glazing beads match. Please make sure that the replacement is as undamaged as possible.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.