Caradco Window Crank...which part

A quick learner from Morton, IL says:
I have broken Window Crank and I have narrowed down what I need to this model: 39-027. If I'm inside my house looking at my crank is on the right side of the window with the lock on the left side. Which style do I need? 39-027 or 39-028. The link to 39-027 goes no where.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Actually, our 39-027 has been discontinued and is no longer available. The new version is our 39-027E, along with its partner, the 39-028E.

"Left" and "Right" handed operators are actually defined differently from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some companies define it by what side the operator sits on, others define it by what side the handle sits on, while others may define it by the direction in which the window opens. There really is no industry standard.

The best way for you to determine what operator you need is to compare your hardware to the pictures we have on our site. Does the arm face the same direction? What side are the gears on? What side has the bore?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)