Casement Operator

A home owner from Ohio says:
I need to replace a Truth dyad operator. It looks like 39-382, but I need an arm that is 9 inches, not 6.5.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D4CDD738-9C95-45DE-BEFF-643B90BD6BB7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4DCED095-24DE-4FBC-A77B-0C41D4CE4FCE.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Unfortunately we don't have an split-arm operator with a link arm quite as long as 9". I suggest that you try re-using your old link arm by drilling out the link arm on the new operator,t hen using the 62-014 rivet to attach the old arm to the new operator. Let me know what you think.

A home owner from Ohio says:
That's helpful. Which new operator do you suggest? 39-382?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I'm actually am not entirely certain without seeing a clear picture of the operator out of the window, but that would be my first guess. See this old discussion here; you can see that it's the exact same situation you have, and indeed the replacement operator set was the 39-381 and 39-382. So I think it's a safe bet this is what you need, but just go over the dimensions and the pictures in that old discussion to be safe.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.