Casement Window Crank Handle

A quick learner from Pawling, NY says:
Good Morning;

Am search for replacement crank handles for the Truth Mechanism installed in my Schuco Casement Windows in the Spring of 2006. The handles are "spinning" around the spindle; hopefully, changing the handle will solve the problem as changing the spindle does not look easy

The left handle has the following number stamped on the inside: 45240 II; the right turning unit has part number 46240 10 stamped on it

Thank you for your time and consideration

User submitted photos of a window operator handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. See our 39-114L and let me know if that's a match. This has a spline size of 11/32", so just make sure that's correct.
Assume that the spline size is the width of the spline, including the teeth!! if that is so my micrometer says its 11/32. Many thanks
Many thanks!! The 29-114L crank handles arrived and were installed. Unfortunately, the new crank handles only solved 1/2 of my problem. I can now use the handles to successfully open the windows; however, I can not use them to close the windows. I assume that there is a stripped gear inside the Box in the attached photo

1.) how do I access the interior workings of this gear mechanism?

2.) can I purchase just the failed part or do I need to purchase an all mechanism?

George
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Hi. This is a follow-up to an earlier posting this morning: I followed your on-line video instruction on removing the operator. I have included a photo of the operator for your ease in identifying the part. Will need both left and a right unit. The cover appears to be glued to the operator unit. The cover measures 4 1/32 inches wide; the operator itself is 4 x 2 5/8 wide

Thank you!!

George
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks again for your patience. Our 39-317 and 39-318 are close to your operator, but you might need to reuse the existing link arm from the old operator. The reason I say this is because your link arm appears to be offset, while ours is not. You could drill off the link arms on both, then attach the old to the new with the 62-014 rivet.
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.