Casement Window Operator Assistance

A quick learner from Louisville Tennessee says:
The gear that the handle attaches to come completely out of the assembly that is mounted on the window frame. I think it is suppose to be pressed in non removable. I believe it is stripped out. Could you please help. Both sides are the same. It still rolls out but to roll it in you have to push it from the outside.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200418_094506.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200418_094416.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200418_094408.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200418_094348.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15872180743721540410570.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

If the gear has stripped, then you need to replace the entire casement operator. This looks like our 39-031 and 39-032, but it also might be our 39-155 and 39-156. The only difference between these two sets of operators is a very slight difference in the length of the link arms, so compare both with your old hardware to see what matches best. For details as to how to remove and replace these operators, see the video below.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)