Casement Window Split Arm Operator Replacement Parts

A quick learner from Linwood, NJ says:

I have two casement windows in need of split arm operator replacement parts. I have one left opening window and one right opening window. I am looking for a complete set of hardware for both windows, including locking hardware, crank, crank handle, connecting arms and all locking mechanisms. Basically everything but the window. The only visible marking I see is a number located on the crank arm stamped 21550. I am also attaching photos and would like any help you can give me in identifying the parts I will need. I want to make sure I'm purchasing the correct hardware. I can't send pictures of it disassembled as it is part of my front bay window. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Lisa 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0805.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0806.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0807.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your operator resembles our 39-317 and 39-318. Just look over the dimensions to confirm that they match up to yours. Also, these are lists of related items on both product pages that include the accessories you might need. 

As for your locks, we would need to see a photo of the original lock that latches onto the tie bar in your second photo to determine if we carry a suitable replacement. Thank you!

A quick learner from Linwood, NJ says:

Hello! Thank you for responding with such excellent information. The dimensions in the numbers you provided above (39-317 and 39-318) are the same. I just wanted to ask if the difference in the numbers are right and left operators? I'm guessing they are but wanted to double check with you. As for the locking mechanism, that has been long broken but I am attaching a picture of what is left of the one we had. I appreciate your help and thank you again for your answers. As soon as I hear back, we will be ready to move forward with ordering and finally get these windows back to operating condition

Lisa

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6685EAC2-0ABF-4D0D-A655-8BDCA4E884E5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1A0386C9-322B-41DC-8311-0A5D73DEEE9D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 64AE2F28-D5C5-45E3-88CD-CC602E80BF64.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7C0FE7B5-3AF5-489E-AC7C-4C4FFEBD10D6.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Yes, the 39-317 and 39-318 are the same operator, just designed for different sides of the window. They aren't strictly labelled "left" or "right" by the manufacturer since every manufacturer defines those terms differently, but that's the general gist of it.

As for your lock, that looks like our 38-090. Yours is very damaged so I'm not 100% sure but I think this is a good place to start, for comparison's sake. Let us know what you think.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.